As part of the rescue programme for dance, TANZPAKT RECONNECT aims to strengthen organisations and structures that are not primarily publicly funded. This only applies to core funding and everyday running costs, not to one-off artistic projects that are receiving public funds.
TANZPAKT RECONNECT mirrors the criteria and priorities of the TANZPAKT Stadt-Land-Bund programme but offers a simplified application process to support dance and cultural diversity in Germany.
TANZPAKT RECONNECT is open to established professional artists, ensembles, production centres and venues in the German dance scene, as well as to German local authorities wishing to support the dance scene in their region.
TANZPAKT RECONNECT is a funding programme that supports the development of a comprehensive, sustainable and strategic infrastructure for professional dance. To be awarded funding, candidates must demonstrate the appropriateness, urgency and efficacy of their proposed measures. The umbrella organisation Dachverband Tanz Deutschland will support the project’s cultural policy aims.
Applications must be submitted in electronic format to DIEHL+RITTER directly. The application form and information on deadlines and application procedures will be published here.
Supporting artists, ensembles and artist collectives
The programme’s first aim is to support thedevelopment of existing working structures for professional dance artists, particularly those with a national or international presence. Eligible activities include expanding an organisation’s workforce, improving production and training facilities, developing new educational formats, renting rehearsal spaces and offices or investing in technical equipment.
Supporting production centres, venues and theatres
The programme also aims to support producing houses and centres with a national or international presence and network, enabling them to implement measures that will enhance their ability to showcase dance in all its variety. Eligible activities include developing new programming or educational formats, expanding management structures, investing in new spaces or equipment, or embarking on international collaborations.
Supporting collaborative dance projects
The programme supports collaborations on a municipal, regional and federal level. Actors from all parts of the German dance scene – from educational institutions to venues and from outreach workers to researchers and cultural policy experts – are encouraged to share their expertise, working together to develop their potentials and strengthen dance as an art form.
Who can apply?
Artists, dance ensembles and artist collectives are eligible to apply, provided they have a professional working structure and regularly produce work with a national or international reach. Producing houses, theatres, venues, dance networks and festivals with a national or international presence are also eligible to apply. Individual applicants and organisations must be resident and based in Germany.
Costs relating directly to the proposed project activities are eligible for funding. Activities can include expanding an organisation’s workforce, improving production and training facilities, developing new programming or educational formats, renting or renovating rehearsal spaces and offices, investing in technical equipment, marketing costs, expanding management structures, and embarking on international collaborations.
The following criteria must be met in order to be able to submit an application:
• Applications can be made by natural or legal persons, or by public bodies.
• Individual applicants and organisations must be resident and based in Germany.
• Applicants must be able to guarantee proper business management and administration and have bookkeeping in place to prove that funds are spent as intended.
• Project activities must be completed by 31st October 2021.
• The amount of funding requested should be no less than 50,000 Euro and cannot exceed 250,000 Euro.
• Candidates must provide 10% of co-financing from the organisation’s own resources, from financial contributions from third parties, non-cash contributions, or via personnel costs (maximum 10.000 Euro) that are demonstrably and directly related to the project.
Grounds for exclusion
An application may be rejected on formal grounds if:
• activities have already started, costs have been incurred or contracts have been concluded,
• the deadline for applications has been missed (midnight on 15th September 2020).
• the application documents have been submitted incompletely
Funding from the TANZPAKT RECONNECT programme cannot be used for measures that are eligible for funding from other state or federal rescue and support programmes in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
If your project is receiving funding from a federal funding programme that is not related to Covid-19, you must ensure that the different sources of funding are used for separate purposes and can be clearly delineated from each other.
How to apply:
If possible, please submit your application a few days or hours before the final deadline, to avoid our server becoming overwhelmed by too many messages coming in at the same time.
The following documents must be attached to the email in pdf format:
• A scan of the last page of the application form, signed by the applicant or legal representative of the organisation
• Detailed project description (long version): max. 2 pages DIN A4 (see section 5 of the application form)
• Detailed budget
• For organisations: Most recent certificate of registration or association, or extract from commercial register (Handels-/Vereinsregisterauszug)
• For organisations: Articles of association, articles of incorporation or partnership agreement
• For organisations: Proof of the signatory’s right to represent the organisation (if not evident from the other documents)
All funding decisions will be made by an independent jury of experts. The jury is expected to meet in late October.