Last updated: June 2021
1) How should I submit my application?
Applications can be submitted until midnight on 5th August 2021, exclusively via the online application portal on our website.
2) Who can apply?
Ensembles, artists, collectives, arts centres, venues, festivals, archives, production companies and dance networks, natural persons and legal entities based in Germany who receive less than 50% of their funding from public sources.
3) How many applicants should there be for collaborative projects or networks comprising several partner organisations?
For collaborative projects or networks, only one individual or partner organisation should apply on behalf of the entire project. If funding is approved, this individual or organisation will become the DIEHL+RITTER contractual partner. The funding programme does not specify how a network should choose its main applicant.
4) Can projects from the first call re-apply?
Yes, projects funded in the first round can apply again. They can either apply for a continuation of their original project or for a new project.
5) When and where can I get advice?
When the application process opens, time slots for telephone consultations will be made available. Please check here for the latest information.
Questions can also be emailed to reconnect at diehl-ritter dot de
Team TANZPAKT RECONNECT
Riccarda Herre and Isabel Niederhagen / Project Management
Claudia Engels / Coordination
Isabel Aguirre / Finance
reconnect at diehl-ritter dot de
6) Is there support available for people with sensory and/or physical disabilities wanting to apply?
Yes, applicants with sensory and/or physical needs can contact the RECONNECT team for support and assistance.
7) What is the earliest point at which project activities can begin? When must they be completed?
Funding will not be granted if the project has begun before the jury meets to make its decision. No costs can be incurred nor contracts be concluded before this time. Applicants can submit a request for an earlier start date with their application, as long as this does not contradict the funding rules.
The earliest possible start date is 1st October 2021, and projects must have finished by 31st December 2022.
8) Can funding from TANZPAKT RECONNECT be combined with other sources of funding?
Funding from the TANZPAKT RECONNECT programme cannot be used for measures that are eligible for funding from other state or federal rescue and support programmes in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, as for example the corona support programmes offered by the BMWI).
If your project is receiving funding from a federal funding programme that is not related to Covid-19, you must ensure that the different sources of funding are used for separate purposes and can be clearly delineated from each other.
We are working closely with the relevant federal funding programmes in the emergency programme NEUSTART KULTUR to give you the most up-to-date information in this regard.
9) Can I submit the same project application to several funding programmes?
Yes, you can apply for several funding programmes with the same project. If one of them is approved, you are required to withdraw the remaining applications. As a rule, a project can only receive funding from one funding programme.
10) Do I need to secure co-financing?
Candidates must provide 10% of co-financing from the organisation’s own resources, from financial contributions from third parties, non-cash contributions, or via personnel costs* that are demonstrably and directly related to the project.
* a flat fee of EUR 15 per hour worked (60 minutes), up to a maximum of 10% of the total expenditure eligible for funding, capped at EUR 10,000. Only hours that have actually been worked and documented via signed timesheets will be taken into account.
11) How much can I apply for?
The minimum amount you can apply for is 50,000 euro and the maximum is 400,000 euro per project.
Please ensure that the amount you request is appropriate and corresponds with the costs and activities of your project. The jury reserves the right to reduce the amount of the grant at its discretion.
12) Are there costs that are not eligible for funding?
Yes, hospitality costs and construction work are not eligible for funding.
13) On what formal grounds can an application be rejected?
The following points will result in an application being rejected on formal grounds:
- submitting after the deadline has passed (5th August 2021, 24:00),
- submitting incomplete application documents,
- starting project activities before the jury has convened to make its decision.
14) Do I need to open a separate bank account for the project?
Yes, it is necessary to open a dedicated bank account for the project; however, this does not need to happen until your project is selected for funding and the grant agreement has been concluded.
15) Can I claim a legal right to funding?
No, there is no legal entitlement to receiving funding from DIEHL+RITTER gUG as part of TANZPAKT RECONNECT.
16) How and when will I be informed about the jury’s decision?
Applicants will be informed about the jury’s decision by email directly after the jury meeting at the end of September 2021.